191 Hotel – Ninxia
191 Hotel – Ninxia, No. 11, Ningxia Road, Datong District, Taipei, Taiwan 103. Find them on Booking.com or any other booking website.
This hotel has to be one of the best ‘no-frills’ surprises (exceeding my expectations) of my travelling life. I know that sounds way too enthusiastic, but I really did spend a fantastic time here for a tiny price!
My objective was to find a safe, SUPER clean and comfortable – yet inexpensive hotel.
- Quirky interior design of hotel.
- Super clean, quiet, modern, well-maintained room, with comfortable bed and all the amenities you could ask for as a traveller.
- USB and power points galore and in the most convenient places too!
- Bathroom had modern fittings, a spacious shower with clear glass door; plenty of towels, hairdryer, excellent lighting; good quality soap and shampoo.
- Complimentary toiletries, daily bottles of water, quality teas (Oolong etc) and a minibar fridge.
- Excellent air conditioner; and
- TV with many channels.
Special mention: the friendly front desk staff who were always very helpful.
Why Stay Here? Convenient, very clean, central and quite cheap for four days in Taipei – especially as I was venturing out at 10am on my itinerary and coming back at midnight or later every night!
Plus, if you want a more authentic experience, Datong District will give you exactly that. As a bonus, a great food market – Ningxia Night Market – is in the same street (just 3 minutes by foot).
Metro Line 1 (Red) station: Zhongshan, is a 10minute walk with a few banks along the way too.
There are also an array of food and drinks venues in the surrounding area – all walking distance; and a great beer bar housing over 300 local and imported beers, called BeerAmmo Craft Beer at 109 Nanjing West Road, Datong District, Taipei see here
Whatever type of accommodation you fancy, you can’t go wrong in Taipei. Service levels are high…enjoy!